Tuesday, September 25, 2012

On Remembering Spirit Itself: A Theological Snapshot



I humbly concede that the God of my understanding is ever-evolving.  And it is not to say that God ever changes, but that my consciousness of God is constantly changing, evolving as I awaken and practice, moment by moment, to know God.  My knowing of God is not finite and is always deepening. 

My current belief in God is that It is everywhere present, and not “out there” as I believed when I was child.  To me, God simply “is.”  God is integrated in all of everything – presence, power, life, love and light itself.  The expression of God is expressed through the consciousness of each being.  We are all points of God in expression, and we manifest through our individual (and in many ways the collective human) consciousness.  God expresses in us, through us, as us in all that we say, do and think (pray).  It is the level of individual consciousness that ignites God within to attract and manifest what we experience and have around us.   

In faith, I have decided to realize God as Absolute good and that It creatively reveals to me what I need to see, learn and awaken to in the exact way that I need.  Regardless of appearances and circumstances, I choose to believe that all people, places, events in my life are for me with big blessings, to help me realize the nature of what I am – Spirit in the process of remembering Itself.  

With regard to my remembering of what I am in this life, I am aware that the ego is cunning, self-righteous, argumentative and always justifying.  In times when I catch myself feeling superior or arrogant or the need to be “better than” I immediately know it is God within, reminding me that there is work to be done.  

Especially in moments when I am all caught up in being human, I try to remember that the feelings, emotions and appearances of any lack of good (or lack of flow) is but an illusion – a paradox of the all good that exists.

I believe that God is so good that even when I think all is lost, I know to remember that Divine Order is always in play.  This is the consciousness that I currently hold, and I behold and see the Christ within all people (everywhere, in all circumstances) while I learn to get over being a human being.  This is God revealing and expressing as Evelyn Lo Foreman.

My favorite affirmation is self-authored: 
I am divinely guided in all that I do.
I am Spirit on a self-correcting path.
With every conscious breath I take, I align with the purpose of my being.
God reveals itself to me as I listen to what is mine to do.
Moment to moment, I know what I am and I know that I am what I am.
God is…I am.
And so it is, as it ever was…Amen!

Word Count: 487

3 comments:

  1. Evelyn, I think God is expressing quite beautifully through you! Your self-authored affirmation is quite lovely and powerful! Your description of your current beliefs is very well written. I'd love to hear where you started from and how it is you catch yourself when "think all is lost". Let's talk more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Evelyn;

    I find your perspective of "ego" refreshing. I interpret what you said as meaning that the ego-expression is but another way to look at the thought that "it comes up because it's time to be healed" - and is "God" bringing it forth. I also really liked your affirmation!

    Blessings,
    Lonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Evelyn,

    What impacted me the most about your writing is your humility. I loved how you described your understanding of God as "always changing." As I mentioned in class the other day, the idea of being a leader of a church, or simply being in a leadership position, and being willing to be humble, open, and in that space of change and new ideas, is such an incredible teaching. I feel that collectively, we are all going through a tremendous period of ego cleansing and opening of our hearts. Your open and humble approach to spirituality show that you are very in touch with this. I also liked your broad feeling of Spirit as "God is integrated in all of everything." Even though I know that God is Absolute Good, I prefer to refer to God as inclusive of Everything: good and bad. Somehow when we put it all together, we get the feeling of love. I have never been able to understand why. It's a mystery.

    ReplyDelete